Before submitting your claim
- Check you were booked and paid through Cat in a Flat. If booked outside the system or you received a cash payment, the Cat in a Flat Guarantee will not be available
- Find out if the cat owner’s insurance covers the cost of the injury or damage
- The Cat in a Flat Guarantee is only intended to be used if the cat owner's own insurance claim was denied or to the extent that the reimbursement does not cover all related costs.
- Decide who should submit the claim and who is responsible for the deductible. In most cases this is often split between the cat owner and sitter
- Familiarize yourself with what’s covered and what’s not - Read More
To submit a Cat in a Flat Guarantee claim please follow these guidelines:
- You must notify us within 24 hours of the incident. Please contact us here.
- Once you have done this, you have 5 days to provide extra information to finalize your claim.
- Your claim will only be processed once all necessary information has been submitted
- This should included detailed photos of the injury or damage
- Copies of veterinary bills, receipts and other relevant information regarding the incident
- We will evaluate the information to determine whether it meets the Cat in a Flat Guarantee criteria or not
The processing time will depend on the severity of the case, the quality of the information provided and the cooperation of all parties involved, but we aim to resolve most cases within one month of their submission.
Cat in a Flat
The Trusted Cat Sitting Community
Find the best cat sitter near you. Search Here
How does cat sitting work? Watch Here
For cat care tips and info visit our Blog